Please find below the B2B Bank Dealer Services 2020 year-end dates.
|Friday, November 20
- Non-Automatic Transfers Online (ATON) Income Transfers
- Last day to submit Blue Dot Non-ATON Income Plan transfers.
- Non-ATON transfers received after
November 23, 2020 will be held and processed
at the start of 2021.
- Non-ATON includes fund company transfers.
|Friday, November 27
- T4 Reporting
- ATON Income Plan Transfers
- Last day for in-kind (external) deregistration requests for 2020 T4 CRA reporting.
- Last day for ATON Income Plan transfers. Transfers received by ATON after November 30, 2020 cannot be executed until 2021.
|Friday, December 4
- Last day to return/reject the transfers.
- Last day for In-Cash and In-Kind (internal) deregistrations to be processed for 2020.
|Friday, December 18
- RSP to RIF Rollover
- T/M/F Trades
- Last day for clients turning 71 before
December 31, 2020 to convert RRSP and LIRA/LRSP accounts to RRIF and LIF/LRIF/PRIF/RLIF accounts.
- If no instructions are received by the December 17, 2020 due date, the accounts will be automatically moved on
December 18, 2020.
- Last day for free shares/units trades (T/M/F trades) to be submitted via email through the “free shares spreadsheet”.
- Last day for free shares/units trades (T/M/F trades) to be faxed on a trade ticket and be executed in 2020.
|Thursday, December 31
- Last day for free shares/units trades (T/M/F trades) to be submitted electronically via wire order/Advisor Access before 4 p.m. ET.
B2B Bank Dealer Services (B2BBDS) will ensure that all
(i.e. RRIF, LIF, LRIF, PRIF) transfers-out received prior to
Thursday, December 31, 2020 are initiated and completed on a best-efforts basis prior to Friday, January 15, 2021, as per industry standard guidelines. B2BBDS will determine the 2021 payment information and send the details to the receiving institution, in order that income payments can be made to the client.
Income Plan transfers-in, B2BBDS will assume the minimum on transfers received up until Friday, January 15, 2021. After this date, we will consider the transfer a 2021 Transfer and the delivering institution should make the payment prior to the Transfer out.
Note: All documentation received must be in good order by the above posted dates. Documents received after the specified dates are processed on a best-efforts basis with no guarantee of a 2020 tax receipt. The funds must be redeemed from the client plan on or prior to December 31, 2020 to ensure a 2020 tax receipt. If the funds have not settled by year end, no tax receipt will be issued. Documentation that is incomplete or sent after the posted dates will result in processing delays and may hamper efforts to get items processed as requested (with regards to tax receipts and trades).