TFSA Loan Workflow — PDF manual loan application
Fax submissions are now accepted effective December 1, 2016. Check with your dealer/agency for preferred application submission method.
Here are the steps to follow to apply by paper:
Complete the application and required supporting documentation with your client(s).
Supporting documentation may include:
- Void cheque from a personal chequing account, imprinted with the borrower's name.
- Letter of Direction (if paying out a loan at another financial institution)
- A B2B Bank Dealer Services¹ TFSA Application (for new B2B Bank Standard Program loan clients only).
- Proof of assets, upon request (e.g., statements/assessments)
- Proof of income for loan amounts greater than $20,000 or for loans with a term longer than 2 years:
- Salaried income: recent pay stub or Notice of Assessment
- Commissioned income: last 2 years' Notice of Assessment
- Self-employed income: last 2 years' Notice of Assessment and Financial Statements
Send us all pages of the completed application and any supporting documentation to:
Fax application to:
Attn: B2B Bank Investment Lending
Mail original application to:
B2B Bank Investment Lending
199 Bay Street, Suite 600
PO Box 279 STN Commerce Court
Toronto ON M5L 0A2
Note: Distribution Alliance programs may have different documentation routing. Check the details of your specific program.
B2B Bank will provide a credit decision typically within one business day upon receipt of the original application. The status will be communicated to you by email and/or fax.
The TFSA loan will be funded on a reasonable efforts basis upon receipt and approval of completed and signed documentation.
¹ B2B Bank Dealer Services includes B2B Bank Financial Services Inc. (an MFDA member), B2B Bank Securities Services Inc. (an IIROC member, Member - Canadian Investor Protection Fund) and B2B Bank Intermediary Services Inc. (an AMF-regulated dealer operating in Quebec). B2B Bank is a trade-mark used under license.