Eligible proven liquid assets
Borrowers must provide proof of the assets. The investment statement must be dated, in the borrower’s name and should identify the investment company, account number and balances.
- Stocks Publicly traded on the TSX, S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average, and Nasdaq Composite
- Canadian savings bonds
- Chequing and savings accounts (business accounts are not admissible)
- RESPs (capital only)
- Retirement accounts (discounted by 30% for withholding tax)
- Equity in a property being sold (firm P&S agreement is required)
- Mutual funds
- ESOP (assuming the assets are publicly traded)
Note: Investments in American currency acceptable if held within Canada
The exchange rate posted by the Bank of Canada will be used for qualification purposes.