As a subsidiary of Laurentian Bank, B2B Bank markets products and services exclusively through financial professionals. We do not offer investment advice to the public. Rather, our role is to act in the capacity of trustee, lender and/or account administrator.
If you're interested in any of our products, the first step is to find an advisor, agent or broker who understands your financial needs and can capably assist you with your long-term goals. If you're already working with a financial professional, talk to them to see if B2B Bank is a good match as your financial services provider. If you're still looking for the right professional and are not sure where or how to begin, here are a few things you may wish to consider.
- Do your homework. Depending on your level of knowledge regarding financial products and investing in general, there are different types of professionals and associations that can assist you:
- Mutual fund or investment advisors, financial planners, brokers, etc.
- Mutual Fund Dealers Association (MFDA), Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) or the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC).
- Advocis (The Financial Advisors Association of Canada), IFB (Independent Financial Brokers of Canada), RDBA (Registered Deposit Brokers Association), CAAMP (The Canadian Association of Accredited Mortgage Professionals), CAILBA (Canadian Association of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies).
- Your provincial securities commission or provincial and territorial insurance regulators.
- Ask for recommendations from people you know and trust. Word of mouth is sometimes the best source of information.
- Once you have a list of potential candidates, meet with them individually to assess whether they are a good fit for your needs.
What's the bottom line for you?
Choosing a financial professional is not an easy task but when you find one that you can trust, it's the first step towards realizing your financial goals.