At Laurentian Bank1 we are fully committed to keeping your personal information secure and confidential.
Privacy & Information Confidentiality
Your personal and financial information must be handled with the utmost discretion. At Laurentian Bank, we respect your privacy and are dedicated to protecting any personal information you entrust us with.
Your personal information is information that identifies you or can be used to identify you, alone or in combination with other information. This may include, for example, your name, address, government issued identification numbers, financial account numbers, credit and payment history, income, age and gender.
When we collect personal information about you, we explain why we do so. The main reason why we collect your personal information is to serve you as our client. We collect personal information about you only when you voluntarily provide it, authorize us to collect it from a third party, or as permitted or required by law.
We want you to know you have choices about how your personal information is collected, used and shared. You can refuse to provide or withdraw your consent at any time with reasonable notice.
Our Privacy Statement
Our privacy statement tells you how we protect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. It applies to all our dealings with you and to the collection, use or disclosure of personal information through all Laurentian Bank Canadian platforms.
The privacy statement further explains how you can contact us if you have a question about how we manage personal information or want to make a change to any personal information collected about you.
We encourage you to download and read the full version of the “Laurentian Bank Privacy Statement” or the “Privacy Protection Notice” as well as our “Protecting Your Personal Information” brochure.
Confidentiality of Personal Information Collected Online
In order to better serve you, when you browse our websites or access our online services, we or our partners may use automated technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about your interaction when you browse our websites or access our online services. For more information about our collection methods and how your personal information is used, please refer to the “Laurentian Bank Privacy Statement” or the “Privacy Protection Notice”.
Safeguarding Your Information
Laurentian Bank adheres to the principles in applicable privacy regulations and laws with respect to the protection of personal information. In addition to maintaining a high level of security, we use secure encryption techniques presently available to ensure that you can interact with us safely and confidently.
For Your Security
While we make every effort to secure your personal information and maintain a high level of security, there are various precautions you can take when banking online to further protect yourself:
- Make sure you never disclose your password. To access your account information, you must use a password. We ask you to change it regularly and to keep it confidential. You should not choose a password that may be easy for others to discover such as date of birth, telephone number or address, and we suggest that you memorize it.
- Make sure you always close or log off your online session before stepping away from your computer.
- Clear your browser's cache memory or history to avoid the inadvertent disclosure of your activities to other parties. Clearing your browser history varies with the web browser you use, please refer to your web browser for more information.
- When you enter sections containing personal information on your account, your browser's security icon should appear. It will be, depending on the type of browser, a key or a small, closed padlock. This icon indicates that your session is secure. A broken key or an open padlock indicates that your session is not secure. Remember: a message sent without a security seal means it could be accessed by an unauthorized individual or organization.
Consult the Glossary of online security.
For any questions or concerns regarding your personal information, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer as set out below:
Chief Privacy Officer
1360 Rene-Levesque Boulevard West, Suite 600
Montreal, QC H3G 0E5
- Laurentian Bank: Laurentian Bank of Canada, Laurentian Bank Securities Inc, LBC Trust, Laurentian Trust of Canada Inc., LBC Financial Services Inc., Laurentian Bank Insurance Inc., B2B Bank, B2B Bank Financial Services Inc., B2B Bank Securities Services Inc., B2B Intermediary Services Inc., B2B Trustco, LBC Capital, are all part of Laurentian Bank.